Can you answer each of these questions?
- Have you identified and operationalized the core components of your literacy program?
- Do you know if your grade level teachers focus their literacy instruction in the proper areas?
- What is your process for data-based decision making?
- Do you have consensus among staff for all literacy program components and materials?
Join Education Northwest for a 60-minute webinar on the essential areas of focus for literacy leaders in designing comprehensive literacy programs for elementary school settings. The webinar will provide participants the knowledge and tools necessary to identify areas for continued professional growth. Concurrently, participants will be introduced to professional learning options to meet these needs.
Participant learning outcomes:
- Be introduced to three essential areas of focus for elementary literacy leaders
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in their own personal knowledge and their current literacy programs
- Initiate plans to improve identified areas of weakness
June 8, 2017, 10-11 a.m. Pacific
Our presenter will be Jacob Williams, an Education Northwest literacy advisor. Jacob was previously a teacher, and has developed and guided literacy research projects as well as assisting schools across the Pacific Northwest to evaluate and improve literacy performance.
Who Should Attend?
District and school literacy directors, School principals, elementary literacy teacher leaders– anyone charged with implementing literacy initiatives or projects. Participants are strongly encouraged to come with colleagues from the same context.