Guidelines for reporting American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) students can result in inaccurate counts and reporting at all levels of an educational system, often leading to dramatic fluctuations in AI/AN student counts.
We will provide an overview of the issue and strategies for improving accuracy at the state and local levels. The presentation will also include an interactive discussion to help develop a unified agenda for addressing the issue on a national level.
October 5, 2017
3:45–5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
National Indian Education Association’s Annual Convention
Caribe Royale | Resort, Curacao 2 room
- Patricia Whitefoot, Toppenish School District (WA)
- Michael Vendiola, Washington State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Sara Marie Ortiz, Highline Public Schools (WA)
- Faith Price, Washington State University-Pullman Native American Programs
- Laura R. John, REL Northwest at Education Northwest