Throughout the Northwest and nationally, states and districts are seeking support as they develop indicators to better track student progress towards graduation and readiness for college and careers. We can help you to choose the right indicators and validate them. We also assist in implementing and monitoring indicator systems, including training for school and district staff and aligning indicators with targeted academic programs, curricula, and interventions.
What Clients Will Learn
Our work is designed to address the full range of challenges clients face when developing and using indicator systems. In previous projects, we have focused on:
- Developing and adopting a common definition of what students should know and be able to do upon exiting high school
- Aligning systemwide goals to direct investments, resources, services, and expectations
- Establishing effective communication channels and reporting indicators to key stakeholders
- Developing indicator reports that are easy to access and understand, creating clarity on how students are progressing toward their goals
- Providing professional development and access to the data for those responsible for student success, including students, parents, teachers, support specialists, and administrators
We can work with clients at the beginning of a project or after a few years of implementation. In all our engagements we encourage clients to think systematically about indicator use; we work to integrate our research, technical assistance, and training support to comprehensively meet client needs.