Many students need extra support to remain on track or accelerate their learning. Tutoring is one effective way to provide that support either in or out of school, one on one or in small groups.
However, it can be challenging to develop, deliver, and sustain a high-quality tutoring program at the scale of student need. Quality programs center equity, uplift student voice, involve families, equip staff and volunteers with essential skills, and use data to evaluate success and engage in continuous improvement.
Whether you need support with design, implementation, or evaluation of your tutoring program, Education Northwest partners with you to identify the best solutions to help your students thrive.
How We Can Help
- Tutoring needs assessments
- Comprehensive plans for implementation and sustainability with clear, measurable objectives
- Research on effective evidence-based tutoring practices for specific needs
- Compliance with child care and safety standards
- Customized print and digital tutoring resources
- Professional development on evidence-based practices and their use
- Instructional coaching for tutors
- Train-the-trainer workshops
- Coaching on volunteer recruitment and management, student and family engagement, and continuous improvement
- Plans for evaluation and monitoring
- Evaluation services
8 Key Principles of Successful Tutoring Programs
Running a successful tutoring program requires careful planning and research. Before you get started, review these eight research-based principles to make your tutoring program more effective.