Join us January 25–26, 2018 in Portland, Oregon
Individuals or teams charged with leading implementation of 6+1 Trait Writing in their schools or districts will find this advanced institute most beneficial. Participants may include literacy coaches, administrators, curriculum coordinators, and teacher leaders. Prerequisites for this institute including having previously taken a 6+1 Trait Writing workshop and having experience in using the model in the classroom.
- Build a common language using 6+1 Trait Writing for schoolwide communication, goal setting, and writing improvement
- Identify research-based strategies that support a schoolwide focus on writing
- Deepen understanding of writing assessment practices
- Examine relevant adult learning strategies that support teacher change
- Design a sustainable, long-term plan to implement 6+1 Trait Writing with high fidelity
- throughout their school or district
Sign-up, Location, and Lodging
Located in the heart of downtown Portland, Education Northwest’s office is close to several city center hotels. Our office is located on the 5th floor of 101 SW Main, Portland, Oregon 97204.
Signing up is easy, and the registration fees are affordable. Registration for this two-day session is $695 and includes all materials, supplies, breakfast, and lunch during the institute. If your school or district sends a team, group discounts are available.
Graduate credit is available through Portland State University for participation in the institutes and special sessions. Credits cost $60 per credit hour ($120 total). First-time PSU students also pay an additional fee. For more information, contact Mark Workman.
If you can't make this institute, we can come to your district or school and provide a customized workshop using the same material. Contact Mark Workman for more information and with any questions about our institutes and workshop.