How do you scaffold instruction for diverse learners—including English learners—so that all students in your classroom become stronger, more confident writers?
Our new customized onsite 6+1 Trait Writing workshop addresses this challenge with evidence-based and easy-to-implement strategies that work with your students and curriculum:
During the workshop, teachers and school leaders will:
- Take home scaffolding strategies and tools to expand knowledge of how to apply 6+1 Trait Writing and other research-based practices systematically and effectively in diverse classrooms
- Learn how to use 6+1 Trait Writing to develop and teach to common expectations for writing across your school or district, particularly in diverse settings
Watch this video to hear what participants say about our new workshop.
Introduction to the 6+1 Trait Writing Model. This workshop gives participants a solid understanding of the our analytical model and provides teaching strategies that help students identify quality in writing, manage their own writing process, practice effective revision and editing skills, and become more confident writers.
We also offer:
- 6+1 Trait Writing for Content-Area Teachers
- Advanced 6+1 Trait Writing
- 6+1 Trait Writing for Implementation Leaders
- Specific Writing Topics (for example, argumentation) using 6+1 Trait Writing
All of our workshops can be delivered to specific grade-level groups, such as K–2, 3–5, 6–12. Participants in all our workshops practice scoring student work using clearly defined rubrics and explore proven teaching strategies and classroom-tested resources across traits. They plan detailed trait-based writing instruction.
To answer your questions, contact Mark Workman for more information.