Podcasts for Mentoring and Youth Development Programs
The Institute for Youth Success (IYS) has been supporting youth programs since our inception as the Oregon Mentoring Initiative in 2002. Today, as part of Education Northwest, we work with more than 190 youth programs that support kids by building a strong connection to an adult or older peer.
For youth and mentoring programs wanting to learn more, we provide a set of podcasts addressing various topics of interest. These podcasts were recorded in partnership with the Oregon Student Access Commission:
- Effective Mentoring, with Celeste Janssen – 6 minutes (MP3, 5.7 MB)
- Effectively Using Facebook to Promote your Program, with Annie Klug – 7 minutes (MP3, 7 MB)
- Summer Bridge Activities, with Meghan Perry – 4 minutes (MP3, 3.6 MB)
- Using Cooperative Language with Teens, with Celeste Janssen – 5 minutes (MP3, 5.2 MB)
- Volunteer Recruitment, with Annie Klug – 5 minutes (MP3, 5.2 MB)