Areas of Expertise
- Career and technical education research, policy, and evaluation
- College and career pathways design
- Data and accountability systems
- State and institutional technical assistance and systems improvement
(he, him, his)
Senior Expert, Career Education & Workforce Development
Dr. Klein is driven to help expand access to Career and Technical Education (CTE) because it provides youth with advanced, specific technical skills and a context for learning. He works to expand student access to high-quality CTE programming that is sequenced and aligned within and across K-12, higher education, and the workforce because he believes that students need more opportunity for career exploration experiences.
Dr. Klein has over thirty years of experience working with federal, state, and district and college education agencies to design performance accountability, finance, and career pathways systems for career and technical education. Previously, he served as principal investigator for the National Center for Innovation in Career and Technical Education and directed evaluation studies for the congressionally mandated National Assessment of Career and Technical Education. Dr. Klein served for 10 years on the school board of Riverdale School District 51J and began his career as a high school math and science teacher. He currently serves on the advisory board of the CTE Research Network.
- Ph.D., K-12 Educational Policy (Economics specialization), University of California, Berkeley
- M.S., Educational Leadership, University of Pennsylvania
- B.A., Biological Basis of Behavior, University of Pennsylvania
I can't stop talking about...
Career and technical education's contribution to students' life success.
My favorite simple pleasure is...
Kayaking and watching the river flow.
On repeat on my playlist is...