Are you responsible for helping teachers improve writing instruction in your school or district? If the answer is “yes,” this institute is for you.
Designed specifically for individuals or teams charged with leading systemwide literacy efforts, this institute will review the basics for the 6+1 Trait® Writing model, then help participants prepare for, roll out, observe, and fine-tune implementation of the model at their sites to ensure high fidelity, effective use of 6+1 Trait Writing by all teachers, across all content areas and with all students.
To participate in this institute, we ask that you have previously taken a 6+1 Trait® Writing workshop and/or have experience in using the model in the classroom. Literacy coaches, administrators, curriculum coordinators, mentor teachers, and teacher leaders are the intended audience for this event.
- Build a common language using 6+1 Trait® Writing for schoolwide communication, goal setting, and writing improvement
- Identify research-based strategies that support a school- or district-wide focus on writing
- Deepen understanding of writing assessment practices for all stakeholders, including community/family members
- Examine relevant adult learning strategies that support teacher change
- Frame a sustainable, long-term plan to implement 6+1 Trait® Writing with high fidelity throughout their school or district
Registration for this two-day session is $745 and includes all materials, supplies, breakfast, and lunch during the institute. If your school or district sends a team, group discounts are available. for more information.
If you can't make this institute, we can come to your district or school and provide a customized workshop using the same material.