Areas of Expertise
- Instructional design (virtual and face-to-face)
- Culturally responsive instructional design
- Facilitation (virtual and face-to-face)
- Project management
(she, her, hers)
Learning Design & Development
Rachael’s third grade teacher, Mrs. Grove, was the first to inspire her to love education and learning. As a dyslexic student, Rachael often found school overwhelming and painful. Mrs. Grove had a magical toolbox to help Rachael crack the phonetic code and finally be able to read. Later Rachael learned that Mrs. Grove’s support was (mostly) not magic—she was a highly skilled educator with opportunities to learn new approaches to create inclusive, engaging experiences for all students. This is what Rachael loves most about her work: helping learners, teachers, and leaders add a little magic to their education toolbox.
Before joining Education Northwest, Rachael served as an instructional support provider to multiple schools and districts in northern California that were designated as underperforming by state and federal law. In addition, she taught English and history to middle school students in California.
- Certification, English Language Arts Teacher, California
- M.P.P., University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A., Political Science, University of California, Davis
A movie that would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical is...
Star Wars: Episode 1
My dream dinner party guest is…
My favorite vacation spot is...
my living room