Areas of Expertise
- Culturally responsive/sustaining education
- Tribal consultation
- Equitable learning systems
- Trauma-informed learning environments
Mandy Smoker Broaddus
(she, her, hers)
Managing Consultant, Native & Culturally Responsive Education
Mandy is motivated in her work to seek greater justice, equity, inclusivity, and cultural responsiveness in schools and classrooms. She is passionate about furthering educational self-determination, effective Tribal consultation, incorporating accurate and authentic content about American Indians and Alaska Natives in curriculum, building systems that support the whole child and their families, and language revitalization efforts.
Over her 20 years in education, Mandy has served in the K–12, Tribal college, and state education department levels. Mandy was the director of Indian education for the state of Montana for 10 years. She currently serves on the National Advisory Council on Indian Education.
- American Indian Studies, University of California, Los Angeles graduate school
- English, University of Colorado graduate school
- Education/English, Pepperdine University
- Fine Arts/Creative Writing, University of Montana
My favorite villain in a book, movie, or TV show is...
One word that describes me is...
When not at work, you can find me...
Hanging out with my son